Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Can someone tell me how to find what areas are open to prospect?

Flyin Brian

I am a new member and I am trying to locate some places to pan & sluice that are not claimed areas.  I have been to a lot of locations while fishing over the years and I am trying to find a map or other resource that could show me if one of my favorite fishing spots might be open to panning?

For example... I lived up near Arnold when I was a teenager and I did some prospecting on the Stanislaus River near the "Blue Lake Springs" developement (it was in it's infancy).  I know the spots I used to fish and pan... is there a map that I can search which would show me what areas (if any) are not currently under a claim?  I would like to go up there and poke around but I don't want to get in trouble.

Thanks!!

June 7, 2013 at 4:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

The best map I know of is the one that the BLM sells.

You can order the maps thru the mail or get them at the office in Sacramento. The one for the area you are talking about is the "SAN ANDREAS" map. Or the "OAKDALE" map.

You can pretty much assume that any BLM land and national forest land (that has gold on it) is claimed up.  Pretty rare and hard to find good gold bearing land without a claim.

So the only areas open for the general public to freely prospect/mine are areas that have been closed to claiming, and state land.

I just took a look at my map, and you're pretty much out of luck.

In that area, it's pretty much all private land or BLM/Nat. Forest.

That is why most people join clubs. The clubs usually have claims that give miners access to some good gold areas, and the members also have claims that they are willing to share at times.

The American River area has lots of open 'public access' areas, and there's some good gold to found there too.

--

People are doing either what they THINK is right,
or what they KNOW is wrong.

June 7, 2013 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flyin Brian

Thanks Rich, I will check with the BLM the next time I am in Sac.

June 7, 2013 at 8:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

you should get the folks at blm to show you how to access the LR2000, it may not be accurate, but it will give you a leg up before going to research in their office.

--

June 7, 2013 at 9:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

Here are some links to Mineral Bar club outing.

http://www.freewebs.com/eastbaygpaa/apps/forums/topics/show/8435461?page=1

http://www.freewebs.com/eastbaygpaa/apps/photos/photo?photoid=174340701

--

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

June 7, 2013 at 9:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.