Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Mining equipment and products > Test pan

Steve

So this is my idea of a test pan. I can fill, liquify and dump it about 4 times before I have to process the catch pan on the bottom. I feel This gives me a larger representation of the spot I'm testing a little quicker. What do you think? Please comment.

--

I'm happiest when I hit rock bottom!!

June 9, 2013 at 12:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

Nice idea! Let us know how it works out.

On the subject of test panning, here's what I picked up at the gold show. It's a test panning sluice. 12" long by 3" wide. You run your classified test material through it and pan the results. Same idea as your filter pan above. I had to buy one even if it's a joke on me but I'll be giving it a try soon.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

June 9, 2013 at 12:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Looks like a good Idea. Anything that allows you to quickly identify a spot with potential so you can start processing material can't be bad. If you put a hinge in the middle it might actually fit in your wallet with that dollar. :D

--

I'm happiest when I hit rock bottom!!

June 9, 2013 at 2:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

For the non-DIY'ers, there's a pan on the market called the Trinity Bowl. Like Steve's above it catches heavies in a deep area where only the gold and black sands should collect. Then you blow out the lights ASAP and scoop in more material and repeat. Same idea. Test pan better cons faster.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

June 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.