Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > rio fines

Steve

I was just on google earth and I was wondering if the area labeled Stormy Canyon Panorama was one of the parking areas. Is there a closer parking area to the claim?

--

I'm happiest when I hit rock bottom!!

June 12, 2013 at 4:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

HI Steve, I think you get to the claim on a gated road to the right of 120 not from the viewpoint. The road goes down into a small canyon to Rainbow Pool and then loops at the bottom heading back to 120 and passing under the highway. I think the parking is dirt and it seems that the trail down may be steep. I haven't been to this claim, but noticed the area on the way to 154/155 and Yosemite.

--

" :)"

June 12, 2013 at 6:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Robyn, After taking rainbow pool back under 120 Google Earth shows a clickable icon in that first big patch of durt and if you click on it it calls the spot Stormy Canyon Panorama. I was wondering if that was one of the parking areas and is there parking any closer.

June 12, 2013 at 6:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Steve don't park at the Panorama, though it is beautiful, take the small road on the right of 120 that dives down into the small side canyon that 120 goes over, this road is just before the bridge on the right coming from Groveland, follow it down and around over the river and up the other side keep going up the other side of the canyon after crossing the river and you will come to the parking area and trails.

--

" :)"

June 12, 2013 at 6:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.