Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > ******spam warning*****

DaleMyer
Administrator

One of our members reported getting an email at their private email account saying Bouncy Tina has replied to your message on the EBP site blah blah. You may have seen these messages when somebody PM's you. This one was bogus. Sorry but we don't have any members named Bouncy Tina so don't fall for it. You get notified by the title so there no need to open the email anyway. Go to the website to check for real messages. I get the same fake messages saying somebody wants to connect on Facebook or LinkedIn. I alway delete the email and check the real account to see if there is a true request. This is just the first report I've seen of it here on our little site.

The question here is how did BT get the member's email address? I guess I would think twice before listing my email address in a post. If you are selling or buying from the want ads, send the other party your info via PM. That's the only way I can think up they could connect you to your email address. We may have over a thousand members but many are folks that get paid to troll for your info to send you spam.

Bon Appetite!

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

July 3, 2013 at 6:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Isn't Bouncy Tina friends with Voluptuous Val who is related to Stacked Stacy? :lol:

--

I'm happiest when I hit rock bottom!!

July 3, 2013 at 6:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

Lookout! The moderator is getting nervous.......

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

July 3, 2013 at 10:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Sooo......I guess we won't mention Pampered Pam or Lucius Linda!!! :P P.S. I promise it ends here!!!!!!!!!!!

--

I'm happiest when I hit rock bottom!!

July 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

Doh!

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

July 4, 2013 at 3:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jim504