Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Monthly Meeting information > 2014 Club Officer Elections

Sourdough Joe

Hello All,

As mentioned at the last club meeting, the following positions:

President, Secretary, Claims Committee Chair 

are up for election in JAN 2014.

the positions' duties are outlined in the Chapter By-Laws, see left column & click,

or better talk to an incumbent if you are interested.

remember, we need people to participate and commit to move the club forward.

thanks for your consideration.  sourdough joe

--

August 11, 2013 at 8:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

I am officially throwing my hat into the ring for the office of President.

Rich

--

People are doing either what they THINK is right,
or what they KNOW is wrong.

August 12, 2013 at 2:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Congratulations Richard for stepping up! Are you going to start coming to the meetings or outings?

--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

August 12, 2013 at 8:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

I nominate Sourdough Joe for President.

--

" :)"

August 12, 2013 at 9:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

Gary: The obvious answer is yes. I have been busy taking care of my old business (literally, liquidating inventory from my old business) so that I can move on to 'new business'.

I now feel that I can devote the appropriate time to the club in any way that is necessary.

I will start attending the outings as well, I just wish we had better locations and better attendance at them.

It is my opinion that the outings are the most important reason why people join the club. It is the best way to get to know the other members, and of course, find gold!

But if only 10 people show up at each outing (and it's the same 10 people), what's the point of going when I have access to other claims that I am 'guaranteed' to get a gram a day or better.

My time has been so limited lately for getting out mining, I didn't want to waste it. Up until a few weeks ago I had only been mining twice this year.

One of my top goals will be to help you find better locations for the outings, as well as helping you give better directions and do better long range planning. Hopefully that will improve the clubs' outing attendance.

I would also like to start attending the Board meetings as well.

Rich

--

People are doing either what they THINK is right,
or what they KNOW is wrong.

August 12, 2013 at 4:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Richard,

It's good to hear that you are going to have more free time and that you are going to run for the EBP President position. I think you will make a good one and serve the club well just like Joe has been doig for the last couple of years. You are correct, in that we need more places to go to prospect and find new Gold. I know you're the person that knows the hills better than anyone else and find these locations. So there is a Board meeting coming up in a couple of weeks and Dale will post the date and time, I will see you there Rich.

--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

August 12, 2013 at 7:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.