Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Tuolumne Bend feedback

Mike S

I attended the outing at the new claim, Tuolumne Bend. Not fun.

The first annoying person I met complained we were taking up parking space at the river rafting area.  The second annoying group of  people complained that we were walking through 'their' campsite when we came up from the river.  They camped directly at the top of the two access paths going to the river. It looked like they wanted a confrontation. They were definately looking for a fight.

No gold for me. Two tiny specks.  I spent most of my time resetting my sluice box because of the constantly changing water levels. Not much time digging. Since I know several other places with less problems and more gold I won't be going back.

Just thought you should know.

August 12, 2013 at 12:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Mike, Sure I know other claims that has gold on them also. When I first went to the 155 claim, I didn't find squat either! I vowed not to go back to that claim. It was over 6 months before I returned and prospected there. Since then, myself and others have pulled out over an ounce of Gold! Point is, you have to read the river and banks to find a pay streak or the deposites of gold and you usually do not find it on your first day trip, there's just not enough time!

--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

August 12, 2013 at 8:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Mike you can report belligerent incidents to the Rangers, they are also Peace Keepers. The nearest station is past Groveland on 120, they also monitor CB Channel 9.  The camping spots at Lumsden are supposed to be spaced out each marked with a pick nick table and fire area, those people shouldn't have been blocking access to the paths. I don't believe there is special parking for rafters or kayakers either, everything is first come first served. You should not have been given a hard time, the wilderness and river is for all to enjoy.

--

" :)"

August 12, 2013 at 9:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

joe davis squabman

My request keeps timing out. How long do we have or is there a problem at my end Dale?

--

joe davis squabman

August 12, 2013 at 10:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

Joe; Type your note out in a blank email or notebook, then copy, and then paste it in the box on the forum....

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

August 12, 2013 at 5:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

joe davis squabman at August 12, 2013 at 10:18 AM

My request keeps timing out. How long do we have or is there a problem at my end Dale?

Hi Joe,

Define "request". How long do we have for what?  I'm not sure what you are doing and haven't had any other reports of trouble other than Monica the troll. I'm sending you an email as well in case you are having trouble logging in.

Dale

(To all, when reporting a problem, giving a detailed description of what you're having trouble with will help me or other members suggest a fix.)

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

August 12, 2013 at 5:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seeker

FYI Just got an e-mail today from Monica the troll.

August 12, 2013 at 5:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

My requests have been timing out also, I resubmit until they take. Perhaps the isp needs to fix things?

--

" :)"

August 12, 2013 at 6:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

It's happening to me too!!

--

I'm happiest when I hit rock bottom!!

August 12, 2013 at 10:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator
Thanks for the feedback. Now Joe knows it's not just him. Webs.com must be having service issues. Please post or me if it keeps up the next few days and I will try to contact them.
--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

August 12, 2013 at 11:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.