Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Aug Outing Pics

Gary Chance

All, I just uploaded the August Outing Pics from the Tuolumne Bend claim.

--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

August 12, 2013 at 7:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich68

Is everything in this picture part of the claim?

http://eastbaygpaa.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=183351222

It looks pretty good. I would have prospected the area directly in the center of the photo (the other side of the river) and downstream of that.

R

--

People are doing either what they THINK is right,
or what they KNOW is wrong.

August 12, 2013 at 11:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

NIce photos Gary :)  I wish we could have made it, how about scheduling another club outing there in November? 

--

" :)"

August 13, 2013 at 2:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Richard, yes everything in the pics is part of the Tuolumne Bend claim. There are plenty of good spots. Dya trip do not give this claim justice, it takes a couple of days to get down to the gold.

--

August 13, 2013 at 10:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

-Ramos
Administrator

Looks like a good member turnout.  Sorry I wasn't there, however my father's 71st B-Day was Sunday, but he wanted to celebrate it that Saturday. 

--

-Ramos
Secretary, East Bay Prospectors

August 13, 2013 at 11:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Did you see the big pond where the rafts stop from upstream? I'll bet that there is gold at the bottom of that pond. Hookah, shovel, and buckets? Is that part of the club claim by any chance? Does the club claim extend across the river? The river seems hard to cross though.

--

" :)"

August 14, 2013 at 12:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

Robyn, yes the claim incompasses that part of the river and both sides of the river. The claim continues down river also.

--

August 14, 2013 at 8:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gold Hunter Bob

JR and I are heading up tomorrow with the hookah system. We thought the water would be too mucked up to see underwater during the outing with everyone digging. Video and pictures coming after trip.

--

Hunting down that shiny gold!

August 15, 2013 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Miguel tarazon

A big thank you to you Gary Chance and friends in the prospectors club! You all helped two members in great need  and it was a blessing. After our truck breakdown,at the campground, Gary drove us all the way to Fremont and we were able to return with truck parts and drive out Sunday afternoon! We will give it another try next month.    Thanks again Miguel 

August 15, 2013 at 11:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gold Hunter Bob

Floated raft across to gravel bar. River dropped three feet during the day. They must release a big push of water for the rafters. Lost a lot of time trying to set-up sluice box, only to find it high and dry. Find a spot, dig deep, and worry about setting up sluice later in the day. Found only lots of black sand.

--

Hunting down that shiny gold!

August 17, 2013 at 7:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.