Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > 2013 Rim Fire progressive Fire maps

DaleMyer
Administrator

Use this link to keep tabs on the USFS data provided online as an overlay for Google Earth. You can look at these views yourself using the directions shown under "FAQ and stuff " on the left sidebar menu. Otherwise I'll add an AM and PM shot daily for the next few days until we get containment . This link will be stuck to the top of the general forum and locked for comments since there is already a Rim Fire thread.  (Thread has been unlocked)

2013 Rim Fire Progressive Google Earth views

NEW:  I updated the very first shot of the fire in its infancy. I spotted a single yellow square covered by orange squares. This allows me to speculate the origin of he fire which I'm guessing was lightning strike. Also I painted a more accurate pcture of where the 154/155 realy are area seeing the 120 hump appear onthe claims guide map.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

August 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

Dale,

thank you for this on going status of the fire. i  appreciate what you've put together here a lot.

i've been at Roaring Camp this last week so i did not know all of what was on fire. i did catch the tv news on thursday for a few minutes which had a reporter at Groveland.

i'll be interested in what started the fire too. 

later, sourdough joe

--

August 26, 2013 at 5:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

No problem Joe. Just another service we offer here at EBP. Like the recent spam PM's from the hookers. Can't get to the claims, might as well get..... oh nevermind.  Thread locked to keep serious Rim comments in one thread.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

August 26, 2013 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

Thread has been unlocked due to the length of the fire. Feel free to post mapping comments here and post general questions about the Rim Fire in the Rim Fire thread. If you look at the first two pictures, I believe we captured the origin of this nightmare and it directly corresponds to news reports of a lone hunter letting his campfire get out of control on Jawbone Ridge. Here we are, 19 days later.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

September 8, 2013 at 1:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

Wow.... never thought I'd be tracking this this fire for a month. I watched my weather radar app all day today and saw the Rim Fire got some good rain. Tonight's shot had no red squares meaning no new areas were burning. I hope this weather was the relief they needed to get this thing put to bed. Tomorrow's shot will tell the tale of how much the rain helped today.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

September 22, 2013 at 12:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

i checked the Stanislaus National Forest website. they have re-issued their forest closure notice, it now expires 31 Dec 13. so, unless we get an exemption permit to enter and ck on our club claiims, it looks like 1 JAN 14 will be able to go into the forest.  although i can wait, i'm thinking it'd be interesting to see if an exemption permit were possible.

--

September 23, 2013 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

Going, Going, Gone! After roughly 40 days, I will not be updating the daily map shots because all the squares are gone as of this morning. Let the clean up begin.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

September 28, 2013 at 3:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Chance

All I just posted photos and information maps and warning from the Groveland Ranger District and of our claims. It looks like we will not be able to go to Rio Fines, Tuolumne Bend, 154, 155 and Dry Hill plavec until this coming SPRING.

--

E.B.P Claims Committee Chair

Dig Deep! and Get "R" Done!!

September 28, 2013 at 7:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jkmalaska

I was at the stanislaus forest station in groveland today. They had just redrawn the fire map of the road closures.  The ranger said the closure is pulled back to the burned area. Unfortunatly the 155 is within that area as well as claims on buck meadows road. We can drive on 120 but not stop and get out except for rim of the world parking area where there information rangers stationed to give talks.  The road to rainbow pool and cherry lake are also closed. I drove up 120 and along the way you could see that most of the landscape was burned but there were lots of patches of trees that had escaped with just singing and some trees were unburned.  They said spinning wheel lost some buildings but could not tell me about any other losses in the area.  We will have to wait until it reopens to get in there. Sunday I am going out with a few friends to go mining.  I am wondering what the exemption permit covers.  A mining claim is considered real property and we pay taxes on it.  The residents are allowed entry to their property;
there are also assesment work that needs to be done on some claims when we file small miners waivers.

September 28, 2013 at 7:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.