Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Attended the Delta Gold Diggers Outing

RobynM

Erich and I had a good time, the DGD are friendly enthusiastic people just like the Eastbay Gold Prospecting and Treasure Hunting Club. The dynamics are a little different, the club meets someplace central to everyone then heads out together to the outing spot.

The outing had originally been planned for their Ponderosa claim, but was changed due to the American Fire. We all met at MacDonalds in Auburn, and eventually decided to try Yankee Jims. Yankee Jims looked beautiful, the North Fork of the American River was low and gravel bars were everywhere., but there was a lot of smoke and not much parking for all 20 participants. Erich and I went to Coloma from Yankee Jim's with Club V.P. Jennifer, and very knowledgeable member Steve, to one of Steve's favorite spots. A beautiful place on the South Fork of the American River at Coloma, we could see the rafters, kayakers, people in tire tubes shooting the rapids. There was friendly exchange between all, and Gold!  Erich and I only ran two buckets, through our Angus sluice and found pieces the size of small pickers! I panned out our concentrates and found lots more gold hiding under the coarse black sand by just pushing the stuff around the bottom of my pan with my fingers. I can't tell you all exactly where we went, because Steve asked for privacy, but I can tell you that it isn't a private claim and that sluices are allowed, just no motorized equipment, and holes must be filled when done. I felt like hollering "There's gold in them hills" echoing the excited calls from the past after today's adventure.

--

" :)"

August 25, 2013 at 12:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

Great post! Thanks....Robert posted some nice video too...I would like to see some photo's of GOLD! :P

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

August 25, 2013 at 11:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

There are 13 photo's, and some of the Gold  posted on Meetup...

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

August 25, 2013 at 11:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Hi Pucky, I put up some of the photos I took on this site. There aren't many, I should have taken more photos. I got carried away having fun and getting sunstroked.

--

" :)"

August 26, 2013 at 3:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

Nice photo's! Thanks for posting...

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

August 26, 2013 at 11:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.