Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Restoring 154/155

RobynM

I hope we are allowed back in, we can as people have said help restore the 154/155 area at least. Who do we contact for information? Where do we get the plants and seeds to replant with? I am very interested in helping, and we can bring pumps and hoses with nozzles to help water the claims areas to help promote re-vegetation and maybe forestall erosion when the winter rains come.

I hope the area will be open for our September Outing, imagine putting out a network of water sprinklers powered by our pumps when we go out there, lol! ;D

--

" :)"

August 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Hey how about actually building an old fashioned wooden outhouse over the vault toilet, if the old one is burned away? You know, one with a crescent moon cut out in the door? :D

--

August 26, 2013 at 10:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

As stated earlier, I refuse to believe the 155 outhouse is gone! It was mostly metal so it may be scorched but should have survived. Also stated earlier, fire is Mother Nature's way of replanting. They may not want us replanting non-native species. I'm thinking projects needed to help restore the area will be more like rebuilding small wooden retaining walls or placing sandbags to mitigate erosion. When things settle down, we (the club staff) will contact the local forestry station and see what volunteer work is needed and allowed.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

August 26, 2013 at 10:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

Dale.

A uncle of my wife has had his same house, burnt down.... twice. In browns Valley. the sculpture on his lawn melted from the heat of the trees and brush at the edge of his lawn.

--

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

August 27, 2013 at 12:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

It’s sad that we are gauging the fire’s destruction on weather or not a crapper burned! Only 20% containment and I saw on the news tonight that they expect it to burn until winter.

August 27, 2013 at 3:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Steve is correct, and this fire will end when it runs out of things to burn. Is it really 20% contained, I thought it was less Steve.

--

August 27, 2013 at 6:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Steve you're also right about the containment. I really hope some unseasonable storm comes in and puts it out :(

--

August 27, 2013 at 7:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

this fire is large but it can be battled by air, the main issue is darkness, since wildland fires are not fought after dark. the fire will burn till it hits solid granite in the backcountry of YNP. The fire is unfourtunate but the best thing to come out of all this is that the massive fuel bed in that part of the forrest will be gone. If you take into count that they have it 15% was the last official report i heard, they can hope to be at 30 today. the canyon effect on fire combined with the wind is a key challange to fighting wildland fires in the back country along with spot fires if we can kill the fires in the canyons and tagret the spot fires with tact it will be contained... and yes i have no experience fighting fire, but i do have a certificate in wildland fire management from the stanislaus national forest.

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

August 27, 2013 at 10:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.