Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > September Outing Suggestions requested

DaleMyer
Administrator

We have a staff meeting tonight Weds 8/28.

Steve has suggested we head for Smoking Chips. Please post if you have a suggestion or opinion.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

August 28, 2013 at 12:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

The meeting is also called a Board Meeting, yes? The general membership is still invited, and encouraged, to attend these meetings, and take an active part in the management and opperation of our GPAA Chapter, Correct?  Our Chapter Elections are coming up the first part of 2014. That suggests to me that those interested in pursuing one of the "open for elections positions" Should let it be known (Campaighn?) by attending the up-comming meetings....I wish them the best of luck, and I thank them for their service...

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

August 28, 2013 at 3:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

topo tony

gold run

--

CANABUL

August 28, 2013 at 11:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

@Pucky

This is a thread about the September outing location change. Last year we had feedback about the last minute change of locations when the outing was 2 days after the General Membership meeting. The staff vowed to do better this year and has mostly stuck to the plans. We also moved the outing weekend to the 2nd weekend after the General Membership meeting. So in the middle of the thread about the change of location of the Sept outing, why the rant about the board meeting? (I call it the staff meeting because Board members are in the minority there along with others that hold non-Board positions and regular members that come as they please). It is common knowledge that these meetings are open, they are listed on the calendar and we try to take care of busy work so the General Meetings don't get bogged down. Again, your ranting about what I call the meeting is silly. Encouraging members interested in open positions to campaign by attending may have merit, but not in the thread about the Sept outing change. You're basically doing what webmasters call threadjacking. Feel free to start a new thread if you want to snipe at me for calling it a staff meeting or you are unhappy about how things are being run. By the way, the staff decided that, while we had several inputs, the September outing will be discussed at the General Meeting, choices narrowed down if necessary and  voted on. We are dealing with an Act of God still in progress and may know more about 154 access in the fire area by the meeting. It's a tragic and fluid sitaution to deal with and getting sidetracked about 2014 elections simply doesn't belong in this thread.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

August 29, 2013 at 2:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

@ topo tony

Do you know of a public access spot with enough parking for an outing? PM the details and I will pass them along.  Thanks!

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

August 29, 2013 at 2:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

I don't feel that Pucky was ranting just reminding us what the meetings are and who can go :)    Let's not have the outing near any smoke please, that stuff is nasty and I'm still hoarse from a recent exposure to it .

--

" :)"

August 29, 2013 at 7:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick & Jackie Lindgren

Thanks Dale for the information about the next outing, in September!  That's what this thread is about.  If people want to say something else, they should start a new thread. Yes?

--
August 29, 2013 at 10:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Where is Smoking Chips? :)

--

August 29, 2013 at 6:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

Yes, the pot doesn't need to be stirred.

--

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

August 29, 2013 at 9:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

That’s it!!! I will not attempt to post again until the frigging time out issue is resolved!!!!

--

I'm happiest when I hit rock bottom!!

August 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

Steve,

No timeouts. Was "just saying" what needed to be said after seeing the election comments in the Sept outing thread. I had just come home from an extra long staff meeting made up of board members, non-board member position holders and regular members where significant time was spent on how best to handle the September outing. We're looking for membership input here on this thread for the September outing and some folks at the staff meeting were looking into options to be discussed at the General Meeting. Gotta new topic, please, start a new thread.

Steve, you may resume posting.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

August 30, 2013 at 12:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Dale, Steve means the "time out" error" when posting on the forums.  Sorry to hear about any problems and frustrations at the EBP Board meeting.

So, where is Steve's suggestion Smoking Chips?

--

August 30, 2013 at 12:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

By bad. Didn't know the timing out issue was still bothering folks. I know MicroSoft had a problem that hurt pople but had hoped it was all rsolved. Smoking Chips is near Belden CA. somewhere on Caribou Road. That will get you the ballpark area so you'll understand the drive time. Beautiful, scenic drive when you get in the area but still long due to the various roads and speed limits.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer

August 30, 2013 at 1:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Thanks Dale :D I will look it up!

--

August 30, 2013 at 2:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Feather River nice! 4.5 hour drive for Erich and I though, we will go where ever ya'll decide ;D

--

August 30, 2013 at 2:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

that area around belden is beautiful! any equipment restrictions there besides the obvious no dredgeing

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

August 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

There is a campground in Belden, the Caribou Campground, does anyone know of it? The area looks beautiful!

--

August 31, 2013 at 10:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Robyn, There are 2 campgrounds just up the road from the claim but the closest one is still closed after the chips fire. The queen lily is supposed to be open again.

--

I'm happiest when I hit rock bottom!!

August 31, 2013 at 7:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.