Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome Folks!! > New guy from Newark

DaBrew

New guy here from Newark. Kinda stumbled onto prospecting. I was looking at national forest info and saw a thing about gold pannig. The whole thing includes a lot of my interests. Otdoors, exploring camping, geology and local history. Took a trip with the family to Marshall Gold Discovery Park last weekend, been wanting to check it out and while we were there we did a little panning in the river. Nothing but mica, but we all had a great time. Fresh air, beautiful scenery and crystal clear (but COLD) water, along with all the history to go along with it.

Needless to say I think I found a new hobby! Whether I find any gold or not, I'll enjoy being out in the gold country in the great outdoors!

Darrell

August 28, 2013 at 9:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Greg

Welcome to the EBP DaBrew. It's a great club with great people....

--

Greg Bucklin

Santa Clara, CA

GPAA / EBP

August 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

Be fore you run out and buy all kinds of gear. Do a lot of leg work. Most of the money made these days is from the selling of gear. Just got finished selling off all the stuff i ran out and bought. Im as happy as can be with the plastic sluices that are out there.

--

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

August 29, 2013 at 12:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Welcome DaBrew! My husband and I were near the Marshall Gold Discovery area, on the American River that very same weekend. We did find some gold, something called flood gold which you'll learn about from the very knowledgeable members in this club. Bradley is right about the gear, but keep in mind everyone has a favorite lol! My personal favorites are: the basic gold pan, scoop and shovel, 1/2 inch classifier, basic buckets ( I use 2 or 3) and an Angus MacKirk Sluice (I love this sluice, it's light, very durable, and works!.)  Sunblock and a hat are good too lol.

--

" :)"

August 29, 2013 at 6:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rodney Burnsides

Hi DaBrew and welcome to the club! I am also new to the club and can tell you that it has a lot of very nice people in it. I live over in Livermore, not too far from you. I have been going almost every weekend and also love the camping part of it. I am also a member of the New 49er's and just got back from a week long trip up on the Klamath not far from Happy Camp. I would be glad to help you anyway I can. Take care, Rodney

August 29, 2013 at 8:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

I too use the Angus Mackirk and the California Sluice. They are both good. The Cal works good in slow water but the Angus works real good in faster moving and the fine gold it catches is amazing. Works real good at the Bear River. Joe stands by his Le trap and by the gold we have all seen from his sluice.... I'd say it works really well. The plastic sluices are so much easier to clean and set up. The only down side to them is there is no inspection mat. The Le Trap thou, has small riffles at the front the will show the chunky stuff. I usually run my sluices back to back. Angus up front with the Cal in back. I'm lazy and the sluices don't mind me running unclassified material through it. That’s the advantage of a drop riffle. That is how the Plastics work.

RobynM list is the basic list. You might want one more screen under that. When I classify, I use the Keene line of screens. They are taller and better built. I have broken every other brand. I use a 1/4(#4) steel screen on top of a 1/8(#8), only in areas that have small gold like the Bear River.

--

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

August 29, 2013 at 9:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jere-Miner

3 gallon buckets are beter than 5 gallon buckets to save your back! If you join the gpaa with the buzzard special you get a package of start up gear.  our club has a general store at the meetings or theres a good store there in concord called gold pan california, that has some good equipment and theres also treasure hunters headquarters in milpitas that has alot of good equipment and metal detectors . you will need a basic backpack, and a nice crevice kit. try watching hurthawks videos as he has alot of knowledge out there on his channel on youtube as well as here and on hurthawk.com?    this is where i would start.

and also flea markets are great places to get your standard prybar, screwdrivers scrapeing tools ect... I never go anywhere without a little plastic flimsy dollar store cutting board the type you can roll up and a little stiff brush to clean off the bedrock after you scrape out the cracks, you tube is a great tool in visual fever recovery and education.. hope that helps.....

also   This CLUB IS GREAT! you will know so much within a year that your friends will think you have been at the diggins your whole life!

--

J.Osgood

EBP

"Live Long and Prospect!"

August 30, 2013 at 11:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DaBrew

Thanks everybody!

Hoping to go again in September sometime but in the meantime there's lots to read and learn here. One of the trickiest parts for me, as well as one of the funnest, is finding places to do it. Seriosly thinking of Knights Ferry. :)

August 31, 2013 at 12:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Knights Ferry is Pans and hands only. The Bear river is a greta place to start. Hard not to find gold there.

--

August 31, 2013 at 1:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.