Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Switching gears!!

Steve

I met a local today at the Bear River that snipes bedrock and him and his 2 friends did really good on the gold while I got fly poop from the bar. I used to ab dive and I think I’m going from vertical to horizontal next week at mineral bar. I still have all my diving gear. I haven’t done this type of prospecting but I think it’s the only way to get the chance to set my scale from grains to grams.

--

I'm happiest when I hit rock bottom!!

September 8, 2013 at 4:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

Wow nice! Bear River river bottom sniping? really? I never thought of that. Are you really going in with mask and snorkel Steve? Hmmn now you have me thinking about it.

--

" :)"

September 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rodney Burnsides

I have seen snipers up the first and second turn of the American River above the bridge and they did find some impressive gold. Up on the Klamath I ran into 2 that was camping where I was and they had a portable hooka system. They only worked 4 or 5 hours a day and he had some nice pieces to show me. I am thinking of buying a system from Hookamax Dive Systems. It looks like a good investment. I have a wetsuit and dredge but do not want to cannibalize the pump and motor off of it. I think no motors are allowed on the American River so a snorkel and mask would be it there.  

September 8, 2013 at 2:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Robyn, the guy told me the closer you can get to center stream the bigger the gold gets. Also, he pointed to an area and told me that there is good gold located there on bedrock when the river is low enough. Lets hope the river drops a little more before our outing!! :-)

--

September 8, 2013 at 3:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Scotty

That's what I'm talkin bout. Mask and snorkel , the only way to do it.

--

Scotty  EastbayChapter GPAA                                                    

September 8, 2013 at 8:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Scotty, are you going to Mineral Bar? I could use a little mentoring on sniping.

--

September 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

This book was writen mostly on this spot of the river we wil be at. The bend above the campground is drawn in the book.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/180730112954?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

--

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

September 8, 2013 at 11:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

I know the American River is really low from the trip to Yankee Jim's with the DGD only the deepest pools will need dive gear. What thickens wetsuit are you taking Steve? I have medium weight combo I use for surfing and paddle boarding, about 5 mm on the body, and an Arctic Weight suit 7 mm at its thinnest, 9mm at its thickest

--

September 9, 2013 at 12:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RobynM

You guys have me sold on just briniging: wetsuit, Weight belt,mask, snorkel, gold and sand, gold pan and one bucket!  Oh and a solar shower to rinse the river water off. :D

I heard about the gold at the bottom of the Bear River at Pioneer Mining, but the river was flowing hard at the time, and well the water seems a little stagnant at times when it's slow.

--

September 9, 2013 at 1:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Scotty

I'm going to try to make it up this time. Is the place the Mineral Bar Campground ?

--

September 9, 2013 at 1:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

@ scotty, Yes, I believe we are meeting at the day use parking area.

@ Robyn, back when I bought my suit they measured in in. and mine is 1/4 in. I may look into something more modern and thinner for prospecting since I don't think I need that much protection.

--

September 9, 2013 at 3:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Scotty

@ Steve; My wetsuit is a farmer John, 2 peace. 5 mm, I dint have a weight belt, should get one, but I just snorkel, I want to get a Hookah, when I find something to pay for it.

--

September 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Umm. the water up there this time of year.... is a bit warm.

--

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

September 9, 2013 at 1:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Scotty

Yes, I only have wear 1 peace at a time. If that. :D

--

September 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

I've been up there this time of year for 3 years now. The water will be warm tell October and even lower then it is now.

--

September 9, 2013 at 1:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George M

Hmmmm, sounds like fun, Mind if i tag along. Been meaning to get my wetsuit out for a while, this sounds like the perfect opportunity.

--

September 9, 2013 at 2:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

After trying on my old wetsuit I decided to go buy a thinner full body suit. I had to get a larger size than I really wanted so I could zip it myself. I can deal with slack and air pockets but I often go alone and I have to get in and out of it by myself. I'm really looking forward to Saturday even if I get nothing ( been there, done that shore digging, so what's the difference ). It sounds like others are thinking along the same lines so it should be interesting.

--

September 9, 2013 at 10:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bilgepumpcharlie

directions to mineral bar?

September 11, 2013 at 2:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Go to Events, polls, and surveys and click on the link in the September outing.

--

September 11, 2013 at 3:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.