Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > URGENT CALL TO ACTION:

picker

URGENT CALL TO ACTION:

SEND TO EVERY GOLD CLUB IN OUR AREA PLEASE:

Here is the name of the individual we would like to have you contact: SUSAN SKALSKI, Stanislaus National Forest Supervisor

(209) 532-3671

It is important we convey the right message, in a professional and polite, but FIRM manner. This is what I told Ms. Skalsk, we urge you to do the same or similar.

Ms. Skalski, the issue at hand is closing roads, entire swaths of OUR forest which was not affected by the Rim Fire. In some cases, the roads you closed with the stroke of your pen are over 10 miles from where the fire was. The area of Bull Creek Road in particular was not involved in the fire, nor is it involved in the clean up of the fire. By closing this road, you, who made this decision have affected numerous individuals and economies who rely on access to these PUBLIC lands. This closure affects hunters with hunting season (bow) in full swing and rifle season starting in just a few days. Mining activity and gold clubs are affected and this affects the local economies with a stoppage of the purchase of supplies, camping sites, RV parks etc...

This decision to close entire areas NOT affected by the fire is hereby demanded to be rescinded immediately for all areas NOT affected by the fire.

We DO NOT TAKE kindly to being closed out of OUR own forests.

Mr. Shannon Poe

President, AMRA

LETS LIGHT THIS WOMAN'S PHONE UP TOMORROW AND TUESDAY.

September 18, 2013 at 6:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pucky

I am happy to see you care enough to post this...I wish more folks did.....

--

P  Pu  Puc  Pucky!

September 18, 2013 at 10:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

Pucky,

Your post kinda takes a jab at everybody in the club (except "picker"). The fire is still burning and I'm sure Ms. Skalski has her hands full since much of her turf when up in smoke. I understand Shannon's point of view but closing the forest may be less confusing than trying to close the exact perimeter of the fire, again which is still burning. We "the staff" have discussed plans to reach out and see what we can do to help restore the area. This is with respect to erosion control or helping rebuild infrastructure. Fire is nature's way of rejuvinating the forest so we have no plans to re-seed or plant seedlings as it tends to be less successful as letting nature take its course. But you would know this if you attended the open to all staff meetings. By the way, what are you doing, as California GPAA State Director to help us gain re-entry to our claims in the fire area? Just wondering? I know the forest service has been pulling some BS about road closures etc. but this, to me, is different when there is a month old wildfire that is still burning. I for one, will not light up her phone during a natural disaster that is still in progress.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

September 19, 2013 at 3:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

picker

Dale,

Never take a post as a personal thing!;)

No bickering or insults intended…or wanted.

we as miners have a responsibility to post ALL the info out there....

You are starting to sound like a politician,,,he he just pocking some fun.:)

Please remember these folks are the enemy! They are making changes that are

Limiting our access to our claims and hunting grounds.

This is not about the Fire!

Locked out for 4 months is just to long. period.

it has come to my attention that they will be closing many roads

and parking areas for ever. they will be placing boulders again.

truck loads reported passing Greely hill.

Understand they NOW have an excuse to use the EMERGENCY clause

for doing whatever they want to do in the area of the closure.

I am one of close to 2 dozen miners running small scale commercial ops in the area of the closure .try telling you wife and kids they have no food or rent for 4 months

because someone drew a line on a map..........

I fully expect the claim owners within the burn to be burdened in some way in the future

As part of what is going on within the closure area. But then again they have me a bit shell shocked with what they have been coming up with over the past few years.

Kindest regards8)

Dale B.

September 24, 2013 at 1:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

Picker, Dale was referring to Pucky and his "unintended" pokes at the club members and the club in genral. He is good at that, I don’t know if he means things to come across the way they do. Grains of salt.... grains of salt

I would not hold my breath on that land getting the green light anytime soon.

--

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

September 25, 2013 at 12:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DaleMyer
Administrator

Picker,

Bradley explained it well. I do agree that we need to request an access permit to see if there's anything we can do to fix damage to our claims. There may be erosion control steps that we can help with etc. Now that the fire is winding down, we'll see if we get in or if they are using this against us. I don't even know if Pucky knows that Shannon Poe was our guest speaker last month and many people signed on to his website and "mission". As webmaster, I grow tired of the comments that are hit-and-run cheap shots at the whole club like nobody is doing anything. When I asked him what he's doing to help us gain access to our claims in his role as California GPAA State Director, all I got was silence. I went through this this same crap with ocean fishing for ten years. It will all boil down to lawsuits as the enviro crowd has a firm grip on our politicians.

--

Dale "Bear" Myer
Communications Director and Website Admin
God Bless the late 155 Outhouse!

September 25, 2013 at 12:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

They have already stated that 40% of the burn area is a total loss of life and that much of the soil will not support life on its own for 2+ years. Many of the smaller roads have been damaged by the fire and most are not high priority to open back up. Land owners and businesses will get special grants for access. Given we do not own the lands; we will most likely not gain access to claims tell the areas are safe for the general public. Most of these areas will be given a "wait and see" approach and inspected by scientist to determine if it is safe for any kind of use.

--

DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT DELETE THIS PROFILE... ITS SAYS FUCK YOU ALL OVER IT

September 25, 2013 at 1:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

picker

Understandable.;)

Thank you Guys for posting up.

emails and forum posts can and are mistaken as rude and

spitful all the time.

no way to see anyones face while they are talking...

as far ar the GPAA state director goes

that is NANCY ROBERTS C.V.P.

She handed me her new bussiness card last year

New info on the closure:

the calls have worked.

they called me back the next day

areas soon to be opened are

Bull creek road and Bonnel gultch area to briceburg grade.

The last big fire in 2008 at black mountain

closed that area for close to a year..:(

and was green again in 1 year

today you have a hard time telling there was ever a fire

other than a few burned snags. Fires are a good thing for nature and the animals.

on a miners plus side of the blk mnt fire....

I walked the burn for days and found 16 old hard rock mines that were not on the maps and 27 prospect holes. now all part of my own GPS data....

With the new bill just signed to give UNesco reserves a 2 mile buffer zone i expect all claims and mining within 2 miles of the park to be withdrawn from mineral entry....

Keep up the good work Dale.

side note: STILL WAITING FOR BUSINESS CARDS FROM THE CLUB.!!!! 3 REQUESTS AND NO REPLYS

The last batch of 2 dozen were gone in a week.

Do i need to buy your cards to send you new members?

if so i will.....just send we a link or info on where to get them printed.

as always East Bay Prospectors has my greatest respect.

as i tell all of my customers....

best club in the USA

best regards

Dale B.

September 25, 2013 at 4:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

picker

just received an email 

bull creek road and bonnel gultch roads

are now OPEN.

communication works!

never just wait and see if your rights are taken away.

September 25, 2013 at 4:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ha, just relized who you are. Welcome aboard.  (we have spoken a few times and helped with the cards.

--

September 25, 2013 at 7:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

picker

Hi back at ya Bradley :)

any new reports on the Burn? or roads?

September 26, 2013 at 5:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

-Ramos
Administrator

Dale B (aka picker)... thank you for the accolades.   Can you please private message me or email [email protected]com with your address and I'll get more printed up and shipped to you.  

Regards,

--

-Ramos
Secretary, East Bay Prospectors

September 27, 2013 at 7:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jkmalaska

I was at the grill tonight in Groveland next table was a group of us forest service law inforcement.  The town is crawling with these federal agents.  They said they are activly patroling the fire lines and into the burned area.  I counted 7 enforcement trucks in Groveland today.  AMARA is on their case and the no entry zone was moved to the burned area on saturday.  It seems that bull creek may still have access issues as they left one part of the road closed.  I went mining today with the UPI president down off of hwy 49 one of the AMARA claims.  we did very well and found quite a few pickers.  We were working a stranded bench of bedrock 20 ft above the river.  Monday I may run up to dry creek diggings and do some more testing. I have found the gold only on the left side of the creek running alongside the old mine tunnel.  Trying to locate where the gold is leaching out of the veins in the bedrock.  lots of spider viens of quartz. This area is known for gold coming out of them. Still undecided about the LDMA outing next month, got to make a decision on that.  I am not looking to spend another day being drenched and sleeping in a tent like last weekend at bear river.  We did very good there crevicing the under water bedrock.

September 30, 2013 at 12:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sourdough Joe

-Ramos at September 27, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Dale B (aka picker)... thank you for the accolades.   Can you please private message me or email [email protected] with your address and I'll get more printed up and shipped to you.  

Regards,

Dale B (aka Picker),

not taking it personal is difficult at times when something is so near and dear.

other than that, we, the Board members, need to redesign the business cards, so they won't be coming to you soon.

and , by the way, i did recall you being sent some cards earlier this year at Bradley's request.  just don't have many left and want to be prudent about passing them out to folks in the local area who are more likely to show up at meetings.

You are correct, Nancy Roberts is one of the CA State Directors.

thanks for your understanding, sourdough joe, president

--

September 30, 2013 at 7:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.