Eastbay Gold Prospecting & Treasure Hunting Club

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > AMRA outing Oct 19,20

picker

Outing at OURS Claim October 19th & 20th:

Saturday 10am to 5pm. Sunday 10am to 4pm.

We are requesting your help to promote our outing this October at our claim called "Ours" located on Hwy 49 just outside of Groveland and Coulterville. We are at a crucial juncture in mining for California. We need to raise a substantial amount of money for PLP's fight for the appeal of the emergency injunction against dredging. Please either donate to AMRA, or PLP for our legal fund. We need to raise tens of thousands of dollars for legal costs.

Due to liability reasons, only members (and their one guest miner) will be allowed to actually mine and participate in mining activities. To participate in mining, releases of liabilities need to be signed by all members and guests. We will provide the mining gear just bring a vial, lunch and some water. All gold recovered will be split daily (there have been several offers to donate their cut of the gold to us, we appreciate this greatly).

People can join either day and jump right in. We will have a table set up for any new members who wish to join the fight both days. We will be raffling off some of Shannon and Brian's nuggets, shirts and other goodies. Shirts will also be available for purchase. Anyone can come up and, after signing the release of liability, view our mining activity and participate in the raffles or purchase shirts.

Camping is allowed as it is on Public Lands. We encourage responsible behavior, especially when it comes to alcohol. Any illegal activity will not be tolerated. Please help us to keep this beautiful claim clean. With the high fire danger, campfires are not allowed.

Directions From Modesto....take highway 132 to Coulterville, turn LEFT on highway 49. Follow 49 through the winding section of road and down into Moccasin canyon (about 6 miles). Once you break out of the winding section of road, you cross a little bridge with a canyon coming out of the right. Turn RIGHT immediately after the bridge onto a dirt road, our claim is up that road about 1/4 mile. There will be AMRA signs on highway 49.

Directions From Manteca.......take highway 120 to highway 49, turn RIGHT onto 49 just past Lake Don Pedro and before you go up the hill to Groveland. Once you turn RIGHT on highway 49 (at the Moccasin powerhouse) drive 3.2 miles to the 2nd bridge and turn LEFT on the dirt road. Drive up the dirt road about 1/4 mile to the claim. We will have AMRA signs on highway 49.

Let us know if you plan to attend, how many you are bringing and if you can help us promote this event. RSVP to [email protected] or [email protected]

Marti Dunston

VP of Operations

October 4, 2013 at 1:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Irene

Thanks for posting, I was not able to do it from my phone, otherwise I would've done it right after the meeting.

October 4, 2013 at 5:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

picker

Hello gentlemen,

There seems to be some confusion as to our outing on the 19th and 20th. While this was likely created by the very first post we did announcing the outing several weeks ago on Facebook, we corrected it the next day. You have that original posting on your site which states people can just show up and mine on our claim.

It should read: "anyone can mine on the AMRA claim on the 19th and 20th for a $10 donation and a signed release (available at the claim both days). We believe this is a pretty darn good deal for them and that money will go to Jerry for the dredge injunction fight.

Sorry for the confusion, it happened after our attorney got involved.

Please correct this on your site and let us know if you have any questions.

Shannon

October 17, 2013 at 11:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.